I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that saddens me to hear. I enjoyed getting updates and reading others feedback via this thread. But I suppose there are other ways. I also agree with what others have said, I very much appreciate your hard work and efforts on this project. So please do let us know how to keep in touch with that kind of information.

phpBB is a free forum software that's super easy to setup and run, and free. MantisBT is a great big tracker that's also free and does great at logging bug reports and feature requests and letting you prioritize bugs and features.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used Disqus comment hosting service. It is very easy to use and seems to be used a lot of places.

Thanks. I already have a system in place. Would you guys like to see a Single sign on system so it uses pool logger's login info to auto log in to the forum or would you rather have it a separate login. The downside is that no can register for the forum outside of pool logger if they wanted to ask questions before registering for the app.

Thanks. I already have a system in place. Would you guys like to see a Single sign on system so it uses pool logger's login info to auto log in to the forum or would you rather have it a separate login. The downside is that no can register for the forum outside of pool logger if they wanted to ask questions before registering for the app.

As a current user, I like the simplicity of a single login system. I'm not sure why someone would hesitate to register for the app if they were willing to create a login to ask questions.

Thanks Russell - still love the poollogger - I was out of town for a week and just now getting caught up after a while. I'm sorry to hear this thread is going to be closed - I'll say in my book that could be the first step of the downfall of this site. I know they are now pushing an "official" tool I guess, but best I recall there was no known inkling of that tool when you first created your tool, only filling a big gap. Your tool is awesome and you've been great to listen and add enhancements that not only benefit you, but others as well. I'll stop here for fear of being banned from this site all together - will keep up with you on the other side.

I’m with JamieP Russell...single login is my preference.

As a current user, I like the simplicity of a single login system. I'm not sure why someone would hesitate to register for the app if they were willing to create a login to ask questions.

I have to agree. Have the PoolLogger site with a link to the "User Forum" there.

One of the reason people prefer separate login is that the systems like Disqus allow multiple ways to sign-in, such as facebook, twitter, google plus. You also can post replies from emails. You don't need to remember yet another account. Many major publications use it.

Great! I am curious how hard it would be to add alternative ways to login with a social network account such as google, facebook, etc. (Social login - Wikipedia)
I myself don't like to link an account to my social network account. But I know a lot of people like it for simplicity's sake.

Great! I am curious how hard it would be to add alternative ways to login with a social network account such as google, facebook, etc. (Social login - Wikipedia)
I myself don't like to link an account to my social network account. But I know a lot of people like it for simplicity's sake.

It is on my list to look in to, but I have not done any research on how to do it yet. I am like you though. I don't link stuff to my social media account.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.