I got the Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

Hi Experts!

I would like to purchase this robot but I have to upgrade my pump first and I have a ton of questions.
The current gear:

Intex Prism Frame 14'x42" Pool - has two outlets T-connected to pump (pool kit possibly only sold through Walmart Canada)
1000gph (standard kit) cartridge pump with 1 1/4" hoses

What I think I need:
[h=1]Intex 56633EG 2500gph or 56635EG 1500gph pump[/h]1 1/4" to 1 1/2" hose adaptors
1 1/2" hoses

Now... would I keep the current 2-outlet system or block one of them off?
If I have to block one, which one? The closer or the farther from the inlet?
Is there an advantage to the 2-outlet system? If so, and I keep it, I will also have to adapt the T connection to the larger hose diameter.
This would mean more points of failure (leakage), so I worry a bit.

Final question - I keep reading that you connect the robot cleaner to the INLET... how does this make any sense?

Thanks, guys!

I've never noticed anything dumping back into the pool. The debris is caught in the space between the screen and the flipper door. I suppose if its lifted straight up and out some stuff might get past the flipper door on the bottom? I always pull it out of the water with one jet opening strait up and one strait down, that way all the water inside will be forced to drain through the screen.

Thanks, I'll try that next time. I’ve been trying to keep it level when I remove it but it makes a mess.

Final question - I keep reading that you connect the robot cleaner to the INLET... how does this make any sense?

Thanks, guys!
I think it works by venturi effect, it is not sending the gunk/dirt/leaves to your filter at all. It picks it up and holds it in the lower part of the body and you do have to clean it out. How often depends on the dirt load of your pool. I clean mine about once a week or a little more often, and leave it in the pool all the time. My system runs about 10 hours per day.

Oh and get the biggest pump/filter you can afford, it just helps with the whole pool picture

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.