Gold Supporter
Feb 8, 2022
Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Went in to get my water tested, just for fun.
Fc 6.75 they said anything above 10 can give my girls a UTI. True or false?

Cya: 68 they said thats fine

Ph: 7.8 too high( when I tested I got 7.6)

Ch:350 (I got about the same. It's hard for me to read the test)

Phosphates:960 I guess that's bad. So they sold me on phosphate remover. Not sure if it was actually needed.

Salt:1600 I tested the same.

TA :88 (I tested it as 70)

10 can give my girls a UTI. True or false?
Oh, Lord...now the pool store is handing out MEDICAL advice? Of course that is false.
So they sold me on phosphate remover. Not sure if it was actually needed.
Take it back, that is a low level of phosphates. There are few very rare cases where you need a phosphate remover. Yours is clearly not one of them.

The title of your post is accurate. Stay out of the pool store.

Sincerely,
PoolStored.

Oh, Lord...now the pool store is handing out MEDICAL advice? Of course that is false.

Take it back, that is a low level of phosphates. There are few very rare cases where you need a phosphate remover. Yours is clearly not one of them.

The title of your post is accurate. Stay out of the pool store.

Sincerely,
PoolStored.
I have read those time and time again. The guy was very convincing. It's crazy what they do to sell product.

I have read those time and time again. The guy was very convincing. It's crazy what they do to sell product.
I REAAAAALY don't understand the magnetic attraction of going to the pool store. It's like there is some derived pleasure at getting pool stored. Bizarre. I see it every day here. 🤣

Stay out of the pool store. 🤣 🤣

Post up your experience in the thread in my signature...you have a good one!

yet again more tfp hatin on the pool store!!!!!! r u kiddin me? i always get my medical advice there. leslies just rolled out their new accublood testing service at my local store and they told me i was all messed up!!!!!!!! ive been goin to these quack "doctors" for years n all they do is tell me hogwash like "sir u really need to stop drinking a 24 pack of natty a day" and "sir its one thing to smoke but do u really need to rip the filters off?" i told them they dont know nothin and they said "sir do you have an md?" and i said "heck yeah i got an md brother, i got 6 bottles of this mad dog!!!!!!" ne way leslies got me on my way n i only had to spend $5000 for bottles of "a1c down" and "HDL up". i aint been to the hospital since and just look at me now. thank u leslies!!!!!!!!

Sloth.png

*username checked out
*OP went sideways anyway. :(

TFPFTS, a wise woman once said 'that's the price of an education'. All in all, it was a cheap one.

#neveragain.

*username checked out
*OP went sideways anyway. :(

TFPFTS, a wise woman once said 'that's the price of an education'. All in all, it was a cheap one.

#neveragain.
So part of the issue is the owner of that particular store is a really good friend of mine who actually built my pool. I go in to get it tested when he asks me to. I think it has something to do with the warranty. Not sure though.

I REAAAAALY don't understand the magnetic attraction of going to the pool store. It's like there is some derived pleasure at getting pool stored. Bizarre. I see it every day here. 🤣

Stay out of the pool store. 🤣 🤣

Post up your experience in the thread in my signature...you have a good one!

I will stop in if I run out of a Taylor reagent.

Reactions: PoolStored

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So part of the issue is the owner of that particular store is a really good friend of mine who actually built my pool. I go in to get it tested when he asks me to. I think it has something to do with the warranty. Not sure though.
What a pickle. He doesn’t seem to know much about pool care after the build. My recommendation is to somehow try to get out of the trap he’s set for you. Also regarding the UTI - uhm no.

Sally Kohn Facepalm GIF by The Opposite of Hate

Pool construction/builders rarely know about how to take care of a pool after it is filled and certainly should not be considered experts on all things pool related.

That would be no different than the architect who designed your local hospital giving you medical advice... maybe even advice on a chlorine induced UTI (sorry, I couldn't resist).

I also have many years of being pool stored before I found TFP. I do take a sample after adding water for opening. ( fill with well) I tried to politely suggest that testing was wrong, I couldn’t see how my pH could be so high with my TA at 0! They politely told me I didn’t know what I was talking about! My results in pencil .E9FB44C2-4D21-4739-BE28-62DC3E2C5288.jpeg

I also have many years of being pool stored before I found TFP. I do take a sample after adding water for opening. ( fill with well) I tried to politely suggest that testing was wrong, I couldn’t see how my pH could be so high with my TA at 0! They politely told me I didn’t know what I was talking about! My results in pencil .View attachment 501780
I definitely learned a lesson for sure. My main concern was the uti deal. But as I can see that is not a thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.