I get a slight "shock"

Hphood

Jun 7, 2019
Clive, IA
Moved from here... A slight "shock"

Question. Do you feel this every time you get in the pool? We had this issue for a few weeks and I went to empty the skimmers and it was gone today. Any incites from anyone else would be appreciated. I definitely can not afford to tear up the concrete right now. Issues started when my pool guy was putting in a new pump and ground the wire during install which blew somthing, he came back did some electrical work removed the pool pump switch.. were freaking out but we didn’t feel that buzz today. Also I noticed that when my pool light breaker is off the salt cell won’t flip on.. should that not matter, just need the pump breaker on?

It's hard to tell what happened, but sounds like at the very least the bonding grid isn't complete.
Tell us more about the pool (what's the construction, How old is it? Is there a bond loop, etc.)?
Can you post some pics of the pump and surrounding area?
Is there an external bond wire connected to the pump?

Unless your comfortable messing with electricity consider calling an electrician and letting them come look..Problem is like Plumbers most don't like to mess with pools.
But don't risk getting hurt or killed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.