I don't know what kind of filter/pump I have?

Wendy3tkl

Bronze Supporter
Jun 28, 2021
Westminster, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Water is leaking from the backwash thing while the handle is in filter and there is water in the sight glass. I read that it's probably the spider gasket. I was just going to order a new multiport valve but I don't know what kind of pump I have. :(
I looked on the Blue Torrent website but I didn't get anywhere.
Here is the sticker on the filter and on the pump.

Attachments

• IMG_20220526_122029.jpg
    IMG_20220526_122029.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220526_122130.jpg
    IMG_20220526_122130.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 14
The Maxi-Pump you have won't have anything to do with ordering a new spider gasket. The sand filter make/model might. The best thing would be to look on the multiport valve itself and look for ANY identification info on the MPV itself.

Reactions: Wendy3tkl
On the website HERE it shows part #08621 for the entire valve. Unfortunately it doesn't show a breakdown for just the spider gasket. It might a manufacture proprietary thing where they don't sell the internal parts and expect owner to just replace the entire valve. I did see a "Power Clean Lid HERE AC 52689, but that doesn't look like what you have.

This is the only identification I can find, but I cant find any multiport valve anywhere on the site at all, even with the search bar.

Can I use any multiport valve or does it have to be the same exact one that came with the filter? I saw one the looked a lot like mine on another thread. I'm getting desperate. It's just been one thing after another. My pool is looking worse by the day, and in getting so discouraged.

Can I use any multiport valve or does it have to be the same exact one that came with the filter?
Good question as sometimes there are cross-referenced fittings for different applications. I would recommend contacting someone with a deep parts catalog like InyoPools. If there is a suitable substitute for that valve, they should know.

Good question as sometimes there are cross-referenced fittings for different applications. I would recommend contacting someone with a deep parts catalog like InyoPools. If there is a suitable substitute for that valve, they should know.
Thank you so much for your help. I feel on a bit more solid ground bc of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.