Hurrican Dorian

We're holding tight here in Stuart. You know you might be in trouble when Jim Cantore from the weather channel is broadcasting from your local beach! The models are all aligning for a north turn that should make this a minor event for us. I feel for all our friends in Abaco. They got hammered for the last 24 hrs. We spent a lot of time there in our sailing days. Elbow Cay was one of our favorite spots.

I was amazed that it made it that far North and was still a Hurricane.

Take this with a grain of salt: I've been through many storms. From what I can remember seeing, the damage to above ground pools is typically from debris and not directly from the wind. I've seen "stuff" fall on them, which is what typically causes your run of the mill hurricane damage -- debris -- like people who decide to cut down dead trees and stack them on the front of their property two days before the storm hits.

Location is a factor as well. Our pool is on the South side of the house. The North and East take the brunt. Ive seen above ground pools get through just fine, but the custom decking built around them come apart.

And of course, how many storms make it up your way? It's all a dice game -- just depends on how many sides to the die.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.