How would you read chlorine

Thanks. Bunch of rain in the forecast. I will do a full test after the rain passes. I guess I should slower the SWG a bit. I have it at 40% pump running 24x7
That depends on what your CYA level is. 5FC might be just fine.

Don’t use the yellow OTO chlorine test anymore, use the FAS-DPD.

Thanks. Bunch of rain in the forecast. I will do a full test after the rain passes. I guess I should slower the SWG a bit. I have it at 40% pump running 24x7
Your PH is around 8.2 by looking at the picture in your test. Use the drop test to test for chlorine, not that test with the color change. It can only test chlorine up to 5ppm. You need to keep your chlorine level in line with the CYA, which could possibly be way higher then 5ppm.

Maybe, maybe not.
Without knowing your CYA, there is no telling what your FC target range should be.
FC/CYA Levels

The OTO test you used only show that there is some chlorine in the pool water. It looks to be above 5, but what is it really. Test it now, before the rain. Better yet, post a full test of test results. You can adjust the FC again after the rain event.

Your PH is around 8.2 by looking at the picture in your test. Use the drop test to test for chlorine, not that test with the color change. It can only test chlorine up to 5ppm. You need to keep your chlorine level in line with the CYA, which could possibly be way higher then 5ppm.
On Friday my CYA was around 25/30

Maybe, maybe not.
Without knowing your CYA, there is no telling what your FC target range should be.
FC/CYA Levels

The OTO test you used only show that there is some chlorine in the pool water. It looks to be above 5, but what is it really. Test it now, before the rain. Better yet, post a full test of test results. You can adjust the FC again after the rain event.
Lol, we told him three times now…

On Friday my CYA was around 25/30
Go with 30, use pool math to determine how much chlorine is needed based on the gallons of your pool to bring it up to 12.

(Download the app if you don’t have it)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.