How to Repair Kool Deck

Apr 25, 2017
Tucson
My Kool Deck is flaking off, probably due to incorrect installation of the Kool Deck and my SWG. It was previously painted before I owned the house. I am in the process of power washing the paint off. I want to repair the defective areas--I am not going to replace the deck. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?
I do not want to drain the pool if I can avoid it. I am afraid other problems will appear.
ThanksPicture1.png

I have this as well. It was there when I bought the place.
One one side of my deck there are arborvitae from the backyard neighbors that drip
tannens from rain on it. So every spring I power wash the entire deck. Brightens it up pretty well.
You can see it to the left in my profile photo. That whole deck area in shadow next to the fence gets ugly with tannen stains every winter.

About every 3-4 years I touch up or re-paint the deck with the Behr branded concrete stain (epoxy paint) from home depot.

I have this as well. It was there when I bought the place.
One one side of my deck there are arborvitae from the backyard neighbors that drip
tannens from rain on it. So every spring I power wash the entire deck. Brightens it up pretty well.
You can see it to the left in my profile photo. That whole deck area in shadow next to the fence gets ugly with tannen stains every winter.

About every 3-4 years I touch up or re-paint the deck with the Behr branded concrete stain (epoxy paint) from home depot.
I do not want to paint the deck if I can avoid it as it will be hotter than if I just have the Kool Deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.