How to remove scale

I make a solution of muriatic (hydrochloric) acid at 4 parts water and 1 part 32% hydrochloric acid. I put that in a squeeze bottle, and dribble it over the deposits. If it fizzes, I know I'm getting the job done. I rinse the surface off after.

Any that runs down into the pool water becomes diluted enough that no harm will be done to anything else.

I use an old plastic ketchup bottle, so I have to clean it out well after and hide it away!

Nice to meet you via TFP :)

P.S. Be careful working with hydrochloric acid. Wear eye protection (even a drop in the eye can be bad news). Rinse any you get on your skin within a few minutes. Avoid the fumes which sometimes comes off the concentrate.

Thanks. Any issues if the acid gets on the Vynil liner?
If the liner was uncovered and you left acid on it without rinsing, you might see a mark afterwards. Provided it's diluted, and further diluted by dribbling into the pool water, you should be just fine. As always, try on a small area first and see how it goes after it's dried.

You need to be mindful for your cement bricking and not to be too aggressive with the MA application, as it etches cement products very efficiently and not all are equal in how they will react. If you see that 1:4 MA/water is being a bit too aggressive where you don't want it to be, you can go down to 1:10 ratio and just work at it over a long period of time - not try to burn it all in one or two treatments. I use disposable plastic spray bottles and just gently wash my tile line as regular maintenance with a very weak solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.