How to Remove my Salt Cell to clean it

depeters99

Jun 22, 2022
Palm Desert CA.
Relatively new at Salt Pools, I tried removing my Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 the last time and I nearly drained the spa. When I loosened the couplers the water started gushing out. I thought it would just drain the filter but it kept on and on until I put the couplers back on. I had the neighbors pool guy come over and when he removed the couplers the water trickled a little and stopped, I was shocked because it was gushing just an hour earlier.
Whats the trick to removing the salt cell so that it doesnt siphon out all the water from the spa?

And once you have figured out how to remove the cell: Have a read through the "How to clean a SWG cell" section in the SWG-Wiki:

The method recommended by most manufacturers of using MA to clean the cell should only be a last resort as strong acids will remove some of the plate coating and reduce the cell's lifetime.

Reactions: Newdude
Be sure your automation is in pool mode - not spa mode.
Fully close the spa make up valve as well.

Post a few most pics showing the entire equipment pad in each shot from a few different angles.

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing you help with the need to ask you each time.

Reactions: mknauss
It is the line to the left of the actuator on the return side. Has a check valve in line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.