How to program my Hayward SP3202VSP pump to run for 24 hours/day?

Mar 26, 2014
San Jose, CA
I just bought a Circupool RJ-45+ SWG and want to increase my pump run time to 24 hours a day so I can generate chlorine at a lower output level, which I hope will increase the life of my salt cell. If I set the timer on my Hayward SP3202VSP to run from say 12am to 12am the next day, it treats it like I have disabled that timer and sets it to OFF.

I guess I could just set it to run from 12am to 11:59pm, but will the pump actually shut off and come back on a minute later?? I would like to avoid that. I want it to just stay running without cycling off to save wear and tear on the bearings and to avoid having to prime everytime.

Any suggestions?

Try creating two overlapping schedules at slightly different RPMs that cover the 24 hour period.

Dean,

I am NOT an Hayward expert, but when I read the manual, I did not see anything specific about running 24/7. So what I would do is set timer 1 to run from say 7 am until 7 pm and then set timer 2 to run from 6 pm until 8 am.. When timers over lap, timer 1 always wins and then timer 2. This should cause the pump to run 24/7..

Let's hope there is a better way.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes overlapping is the only way. For the record salt cells have a number of hours of production. I've never seen a cell last longer due to run times. Just run it for the time you need to make FC and filter your water. The balance of water and a clean cell will do more for the life than a 24/7 run time. Nothing wrong with running it except electric costs

I just bought a Circupool RJ-45+ SWG and want to increase my pump run time to 24 hours a day so I can generate chlorine at a lower output level, which I hope will increase the life of my salt cell.
That won't increase the life of your cell but it will increase the cost of running the pump.

If you run the pump for twice as long, the SWG setting is half as much so the actual on runtime for the SWG is exactly the same and so the life of the cell will be exactly the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.