How To: Modify (Drill) Your Pump Basket Lid to Accept a Blower

It's amazing what the right tool for the job will do, huh ? My way with my shop vac to clear the bulk of the lines and then finishing it with the leaf blower is currently working but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a cyclone if something changed. Especially at the $700+ they are charging for closings by me these days. It'd be free halfway through the job. :ROFLMAO:

True. For me, the Cyclone takes the place of my closing so from here on out, they will be free.

And I keep calling it a "Vortex"! I am getting stuck on my scope brand!

Reactions: newdude
PG,

I don't even shut my pools down in the winter and I found your video very interesting.. :goodjob:

I know nothing about closings.. What keeps the water out of the main drain, just the air in the lines? Does it not leak out over the winter?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

For funsies, when the time comes, see if it will blow it all from the skimmer.

Probably will with no issues. My hose also fits in my skimmer mouth as that's where I put it when I am running the vacuum. I wonder if I should make an air bypass so I can adjust the airflow into the pipes. Can the plumbing take whatever pressure the cyclone can put out?

Less of a mess to blow the water towards the pool though. And when I do the skimmers the water level will be lowered below the skimmer openings and returns.

Reactions: newdude
PG,

I don't even shut my pools down in the winter and I found your video very interesting.. :goodjob:

I know nothing about closings.. What keeps the water out of the main drain, just the air in the lines? Does it not leak out over the winter?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thank you! In the spirit of full disclosure if I had cracked the lid I probably wouldn't have made the YouTube video. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The main drain is blown (like in my video) and then shut off while air is still blowing into it. That creates an airlock so that the remaining water is underground below the frost line.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
What keeps the water out of the main drain, just the air in the lines? Does it not leak out over the winter?
The horizontal red parts fill immediately but as soon as the pipe angles up, it's the 'Ole finger on a straw trick with the pad pipe closed.
20230830_164133.jpg

PH has deep water returns pictured. Regular returns get blown and capped.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.