how to keep vacuum from locking onto bottom drains

VegasGreek

Oct 19, 2023
las vegas
My hayward vacuum, when it goes over the deep end two drains will suck onto the drain and not release. Then the pump pressure goes to zero. i have to pull it off the drain a few times a day. i have all the suction going to the vacuum, it is off a separate line, and the skimmer and vacuum suction is 50/50. How do i prevent it from locking onto the bottom drain.

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pictures of your equipment pad and plumbing and valves so we can see what you are working with.

My hayward vacuum, when it goes over the deep end two drains will suck onto the drain and not release. Then the pump pressure goes to zero. i have to pull it off the drain a few times a day. i have all the suction going to the vacuum, it is off a separate line, and the skimmer and vacuum suction is 50/50. How do i prevent it from locking onto the bottom drain.
Which Hayward cleaner do you have? They make three or four different models.

HERE IS THE PHOTOS YOU REQUESTED; the pool settings are 50/50 for the skimmer and vacuum. The Vacuum setting is 100% and the bottom drains are off now. The pool/jacuzzi is partial jacuzzi the rest pool.

Attachments

• POOLPUMP10.23.23.jpg
    POOLPUMP10.23.23.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 7
  • POOL VACUUM10.23.23.jpg
    POOL VACUUM10.23.23.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 7
You might need new wheel treads for the cleaner. Hard to tell from the photos, but I don't see any humps on the wheels. The humps are designed to lift the cleaner slightly so it doesn't get stuck on drains.

Reactions: proavia
I CHECKED OUT THE TIRES, THEY NEEDED REPLACING, I ORDERED A SET ON AMAZON. $20 PLUS. THAT SHOULD FIX IT. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. ONE ITEM I HAVE BEEN GOING AROUND AND AROUND WITH LESLIES TO ELIMINATE THE LAST BIT OF ALGAE THAT HIT MY POOL WHEN THE PUMP SHUT DOWN FOR SIX DAYS. I DID ALL OF THEIR PROTOCOLS AND MEGABUCKS OF CHEMICALS AND STILL HAVE SOME LEFT. THERE SHOULD BE ONE PROTOCOL. I HAVE DONE CHLORINE SHOCK, NOPHOS, METAL, ACID, LIQUID CHLORINE, TABS, ETC. STILL SOME LEFT WHEN I BRUSH OFF THE SIDES. THE POOL FLOOR AND WATER LOOKS CLEAR.

I CHECKED OUT THE TIRES, THEY NEEDED REPLACING, I ORDERED A SET ON AMAZON. $20 PLUS. THAT SHOULD FIX IT. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. ONE ITEM I HAVE BEEN GOING AROUND AND AROUND WITH LESLIES TO ELIMINATE THE LAST BIT OF ALGAE THAT HIT MY POOL WHEN THE PUMP SHUT DOWN FOR SIX DAYS. I DID ALL OF THEIR PROTOCOLS AND MEGABUCKS OF CHEMICALS AND STILL HAVE SOME LEFT. THERE SHOULD BE ONE PROTOCOL. I HAVE DONE CHLORINE SHOCK, NOPHOS, METAL, ACID, LIQUID CHLORINE, TABS, ETC. STILL SOME LEFT WHEN I BRUSH OFF THE SIDES. THE POOL FLOOR AND WATER LOOKS CLEAR.
Please don't use all caps. It makes your post difficult to read.

Your issue is trusting Leslies. They are in business to make money and their testing is inaccurate and not repeatable.

Get one of the recommended test kits. Test Kits Compared
You need to do the SLAM Process to rid your pool of algae.
Once you get your test kit, post a full set of results here and we will walk you thru it.
In the mean time, add 5ppm liquid chlorine daily to keep the algae issue from getting worse. Use PoolMath to determine how much liquid chlorine to add.

Also, have a read thru Pool Care Basics

Inspiration - How Clear is TFP Clear?

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.