How to install pool cover with pool deck under rails

Lilliepad

Aug 26, 2019
Hi All,

I see that in the forums a lot of people are running the wood or composite decking just under the rails. We are about to build a deck for our AGP and would like to do this design. I was hoping someone could post a picture of how to attach the pool cover in this scenario. We just got through our first winter with our cover and ours attaches with clips to the underside of the rails. Obviously it seems like with the decking running right under the rails there is not room to clip the pool cover under there. How are you guys attaching the pool cover? Do you have some kind of hooks on the deck? I thought about that but don't want to create a spot for kids to hurt themselves. Also I thought about somehow tying ropes to the pool cover grommets and bringing through the deck and attaching underneath. If anyone has any photos of how you address this issue I would love to see them!

Thanks a lot!

I think I have seen some people put anchors in the deck, like what is used in inground pool covers. The anchors used on inground pool covers can be screwed flat or removed for the pool season.

Show us what you come up with.

I just use the tensioner that comes with the pool cover. I tighten it down n hang bleach jugs of water where there is no decking. It's never failed me.

As Casey, I also use the tensioner that comes with the cover. I also use the post covers on top of the cover once it's installed to help hold it down. In my case just the tensioner and post cover caps work very well, and I have never had an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_7965.jpg
    IMG_7965.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    684 KB · Views: 52
As Casey, I also use the tensioner that comes with the cover. I also use the post covers on top of the cover once it's installed to help hold it down. In my case just the tensioner and post cover caps work very well, and I have never had an issue.
Are the post covers caps just the ones that cover the post normally or are they a special order item?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.