How to find "rinse" on DE filter

beatle

Dec 22, 2021
tucson
Getting my pool up and running and figure I should backwash the DE filter. I know how to get the filter into backwash mode where the water and material is discharged out the waste line by pulling up on the plunger in front of the filter and rotating it. I read about then switching to rinse mode. I am not sure how to do this. Here is a pic of my setup. Thanks for any help:
1652125565333.png

Getting my pool up and running and figure I should backwash the DE filter. I know how to get the filter into backwash mode where the water and material is discharged out the waste line by pulling up on the plunger in front of the filter and rotating it. I read about then switching to rinse mode. I am not sure how to do this. Here is a pic of my setup. Thanks for any help:
View attachment 408315
The rinse position is on a multi-port valve for sand filters. It allows the dirty water remaining after a backwash to go to waste and re-settle the sand bed. Your push/pull valve is either filter or backwash only

Reactions: beatle
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.