How to create multiple pool filter schedules with different pump speeds

PoolDIY1

Sep 28, 2019
Irvine, CA
I have a new pool with attached spa using a Pentair Intelliflo VSF Pump, Pentair Control Panel and have control using my iphone with Pentair Screen Logic. I can create a new pool filter schedule using the control panel and using my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to create unique pump speeds for each schedule. If I change the pump speed, it seems to change the speed for each schedule created. I have tried on my iPhone and also on the control panel. I suspect I have to program this directly from the top of the pump itself? The pump is wedged in a tight spot, so I was hoping to figure this out from the control panel itself.

Basically, I would like to run the filter at night during off-peak electric hours at a very low RPM / quiet / save electric costs. I would like to run the filter at a high RPM rate for a short period of time each day as well.

Any input would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!
You have Screenlogic, so everything is programmed through it. @Jimrahbe is our resident Screenlogic expert. I know he prefers to program the system via his desktop PC and then control items via the weblink.

Jim will pop in when he is available to give you some guidance.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

PD1,

Each "Circuit" can have a pump speed assigned to it.. Let's look at how my system is set up and it will give you an idea how the system works.. As Marty points out, I don't do any programming on the phone, only on my PC where I can see the whole page at once... Since you have apple, it might look a little different, but the basic principle is the same.

"Spa" and "Pool" are preprogrammmed Circuits... Each Circuit can only have one speed. If you want more speeds, you simple make more Circuits (Use the Features Circuits..)

If you look at my set up below, you can see where I have Pool set to 1250 RPM, and then I have a Circuit called "Skim Low" where the speed increases to 1500 RPM and then "Skim High" where the speed increases to 2000 and "Waterfall" where the speed increases to 2800..

The first screenshot shows my Circuits...

View media item 1964
The next screenshot shows my pump speeds based upon which circuit is on.. The pump will always run the faster of two circuit that are both on.

In summary.. I schedule my Pool Circuit to run for the total amount of time I plan to run the pump and then just turn on other circuits to change the speed.

Let me know if this does not make sense and I'll try to come at it from another angle.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: akageorgi
I noticed you have a setting for "either heater" is there a way to make sure the pump speed stays on a certain level when the heater is on? i am trying to make a schedule for the pump to change speeds throughout the day, similar to what you have done. Would love to chat in more detail if you have time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.