How to connect a Hayward HP50HA2 Heat Pump to Omnilogic

sierez

May 3, 2023
Puerto Rico
Hi,

I just installed an Omnilogic and everything is working fine (lights, pumps, schedules, sensors, etc.) but I'm having problems connecting a Hayward HP50HA2 heater pump to it. I added it to the system but I'm unable to remote control it through Omnilogic. Any recommendation will be really appreciate it.

Hey sierez,
Got the same Hayward HP50HA2 heat pump as you and Omnilogic. I was able to get the heat pump to turn on with the Omnilogic but then it would cycle off after couple seconds. So still trying to tweak around with the settings and pump haha.

The way I got it is slightly working is by leaving the jumper wire in the heat pump.
Turn on the heat pump.
Remove the jumper wire with heat pump still on.
Wire up to the Omnilogic

Now the Omnilogic can turn on the heat pump when you turn on the in the menu, but after a few seconds you will hear a click in the Omnilogic and the heat pump turns off.

I currently have the heat pump on auto mode, will try different modes and temps. I have a flow meter and the output is around 20 GPM as recommended in the manual, but will also mess around with that.

If ya find anything out, please let me know!

Found the solution on why the Omnilogic was switching on/off the heat pump. In the Omnilogic controller, I set the heat pump as LV1. Then I set up the cooler on LV2. I jump the LV1 and LV2. Then I wire LV1 to the heat pump. You cannot change the temp on the Omnilogic, it has to be done on the main heat pump. So I set the heat pump to 82 on auto. All the Omnilogic control does is turn on/off the heatpump remotely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.