how to calculate dosage of Jasco Green Muriatic Acid

Sep 20, 2018
N TN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm thinking about purchasing some Jasco Green muriatic acid since I hate handling the regular strength kind. It is supposed to be 20% hydrochloric acid which is not on the pool math calculator. I'm terrible at math, so can someone tell me how to calculate the dosage?

I see that the Lowe's site says it is 10 Baume but the safety sheet on "jasco-help.com" says its 20 percent hydrochloric acid. 10 Baume is 15.725% so I'm afraid I could accidentally add too much. I read another thread on here where someone complained that they selected the 10 baume on the calculator and it lowered the PH too much. I saw another safety data sheet on that jasco site that just says that it is less than 30% so I don't know what to believe. I'd rather add too little than too much so I'd like to figure out how to calculate it at 20% and add more if needed. 20% isn't on the calculator and I don't know how to calculate the dosage since I'm terrible at math.

Your safest bet is to use the 15.725% option in pool math and work up from there. Most of the low fume MA is half strength. But, if you undershoot your target and you want to arrive at a dose for 20%, multiply the dosage amount for 15.725% by 1.27.

Example: 16 oz x 1.27 = 20.32 oz. (You're just adding 27% to the lower dosage)

Reactions: poolnewbie4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.