how to calculate dosage of Jasco Green Muriatic Acid

poolnewbie4

Sep 20, 2018
TN
I'm thinking about purchasing some Jasco Green muriatic acid since I hate handling the regular strength kind. It is supposed to be 20% hydrochloric acid which is not on the pool math calculator. I'm terrible at math, so can someone tell me how to calculate the dosage?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Using the PoolMath's 15% option, just decrease what you put in the pool by 1/4 or so. Let it mix well for a few hours then re-test.

Maddie :flower:

poolnewbie4

Sep 20, 2018
TN
I see that the Lowe's site says it is 10 Baume but the safety sheet on "jasco-help.com" says its 20 percent hydrochloric acid. 10 Baume is 15.725% so I'm afraid I could accidentally add too much. I read another thread on here where someone complained that they selected the 10 baume on the calculator and it lowered the PH too much. I saw another safety data sheet on that jasco site that just says that it is less than 30% so I don't know what to believe. I'd rather add too little than too much so I'd like to figure out how to calculate it at 20% and add more if needed. 20% isn't on the calculator and I don't know how to calculate the dosage since I'm terrible at math.

Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

Silver Supporter
Apr 10, 2018
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Your safest bet is to use the 15.725% option in pool math and work up from there. Most of the low fume MA is half strength. But, if you undershoot your target and you want to arrive at a dose for 20%, multiply the dosage amount for 15.725% by 1.27.

Example: 16 oz x 1.27 = 20.32 oz. (You're just adding 27% to the lower dosage)

Reactions: poolnewbie4
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.