How much salt to add? AquaRite Lights are Flashing.

Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
So after a hot week and a lot of swimming, yesterday, we added some fresh water to our pool as the water level was lowering to get up to mid skimmer. Today, my new Aquarite ( < 1 month old) was light up Low Salt and Check Cell. I can't imagine the cell is dirty already but can inspect if needed. Currently reading 2500ppm and usually reads 3400 ppm

What is the optimal ppm for a SWG with a vinyl liner? Is there a calculator that helps with how much salt to add? Thank you

Latest test if needed

FC 4.5
PH 7.5
CC .5
TA 80

Rest it. My average salt reading is 2500 ppm and the instant is showing -3200 ppm. I cleared the "Check Cell" light and now only the "Low salt" light is blinking.

When I jumped in this morning, the water was noticeably less saltier.

Consider a salt test kit to compare with the readings from your swg. Most agree the Taylor K1766 is the most accurate. Pool Math will help you determine how much salt to add once you get an accurate reading. The minumum FC is 3 and target is 5 with a CYA level of 70. You can find more information in the Pool School section.

Last edited:
Check that. After I cleared the Check cell light, I reset the Instant salt light now reading -3200 and both lights came on blinking.
which "both lights".. are you refering to? Please be specific. I don't want to assume and guess.

I think I might disconnect the cell and make sure there isn't something in the cell. just to make sure. Probably just a visual inspection at this point. It's brand new so acid washing won't accomplish anything. In fact before we go too far down the troubleshooting and repair road. Take advantage of the warranty support. just sayin'

Reactions: martinezj1120
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.