How much pressure is a pump producing?

Vital Signs

Jul 27, 2020
Portland OR
I've got an intelliflo vs pump (3hp) and a 1-1/2 pipe coming out of it...just after the pipe leaves the pump on the pressure side there is a tee fitting where there is a hose bib spigot that leads to a rubber hose (20ish inches long) that goes to a 3/4" pvc pipe (with male threaded brass fitting connection on end) stubbed out of the concrete pad. This pipe feeds the water supply to my pool slide. All this stuff is 20ish years old (except the pump, I had that installed last month when I brought the house). The brass spigot was very rusty and leaking so I replaced the spigot and when I was reattaching the 20" water supply rubber hose it broke...while tightening it on the spigot the rubber literally just tore off the brass fitting which wasn't surprising given its age.

The hose had a 250psi rating stamped on it so my question is what kind of hose do I need to replace it with...i wanted to just replace with the same thing but I'm having no luck finding brass fitting female to female 250psi rubber hose around that length (I'd settle for 2' to 3').

Can I use a normal garden hose leader or is there too much psi in the system for that kind of hose and I'd develop a leak? The hose at the slide is this little 1/8" looking stuff so it can't be that high a psi or it'd have issues there right?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I've got no experience with this stuff.

I didn't even think about checking the filter gauge to get a system psi...wow I feel dumb....i just backflushed yesterday so I should have come to that realization. Good to know thanks....looks like the shortest length I can get locally is 6' so I'll just cut one down to size and get a replacement female fitting

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.