How much does a new pool cost?

From all my research and meeting with builders and such - for our area - basic gunite pool is $30-35, spa is $10 to add (if you want raised, its more, spillover, its more, etc.), This is with minimal decking and no fun stuff. So typical basic pool and spa is 45K. Then add cool lights, automation, cool robot, extra decking, rocks, waterfalls, etc. it is going to raise the cost to 60-65K. So really depending on what you want you can get a nice pool and spa for 45K - then you pick and choose the extras.

Be aware that many HOAs in the Houston (and Pearland) areas forbid above ground, vinyl, and fiberglass pools. I suspect, but am not a Civil Engineer, it has to do with the soil type and proximity to the slab foundation under the house that drives most of the area pools to gunite.

And another thing: both PB who quoted our pool quoted the exact same price for the slide/waterfall/grotto ($12k). All the other items were a little different, including plaster treatments (same pool size for both quotes).

I suspect there is just one guy who handles all the subbing for slide/grottos in the Houston area.

This is like asking how much it costs to buy a car. You can buy a 2k car that barely runs and smells like a troop of teenage boys lived in it for a year OR you can buy a new Bugatti Veyron for close to 1M. I think you have been given good advice for starting prices in certain areas of the country. Once you have a starting price you'll have to decide if a standard pool with minimum concrete decking, plain coping, and white finish with no water features is for you. If it is and you can afford the minimum cost then great. Plus the minimum cost assumes you don't have a difficult lot. For example I know some people in Austin getting pools for about 40 to 45k for a minimum no spa pool. My minimum turned out to be 10k more because of my lot alone.

If you want more then you will have to contact pool builders and get quotes to see how much they charge for the upgrades you want. All of us on this board have pools that cost all over the map. We spend money on different things for our pools. For example some people upgrade everything and have a spa and are in the 100k up range. Some like me have a minimum pool but more decking, upgraded to pebble, live on a crazy lot where it costs more to build, but no super fancy upgrades like waterfeatures etc...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.