How much bleach do you use weekly?

ja123

May 21, 2018
NJ
Hey guys,

My pool has has been eating so much chlorine there must be algae in it somewhere even know it’s clear and blue. So I decided I need to do the SLAM process. How often would you guys say you add bleach once the pool stays at good levels?

I have SWG, so none. But how much is your pool using, and what is your CYA?

Right now I must have an algae problem. I dumped in 4 gallons yesterday and have a reading today of zero. I bought the powder test kit it’s on it’s way will have to start slamming on Monday

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone use 8.25% bleach? How much do you use?

That’s a good place for CYA to be. Agree with the plan to start SLAMming when chemicals arrive! In the meantime use Pool Math to tell you how much FC to add daily.

Hey guys,

My pool has has been eating so much chlorine there must be algae in it somewhere even know it’s clear and blue. So I decided I need to do the SLAM process. How often would you guys say you add bleach once the pool stays at good levels?

You have the same size pool I do, and you are in NJ as well, so possibly the same weather patterns.

My pool gets a LOT of sun, all day long. I just switched to SWG this season, so I'm still playing with those numbers, but when I used bleach, my pool was pretty much rock steady at loosing 1 ppm per day. For me, that was roughly a quart of bleach a day (depending on strength). I do keep a solar cover on mine quite often too (my family likes the pool on the warm side).

Your numbers are going to vary based on bather load, sun exposure, trees dropping organics into your pool, etc, but 1 quart per day is decent starting target for you.

-dave

I use 1 gallon of 6% bleach per week.
CYA 50

The pool is covered with a blue bubble blanket most of the time
except swim weekends, then it is off nearly all day sat & sun.

That makes it save quite a bit of FC not burning off with
UV exposure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have full sun and CYA close to 20. Water Temp is roughly 80 degrees near surface.

Without a solar cover on I have to add around 48 ounces of 12.5% on average a day.

With a solar cover on I have to add around 20 ounces of 12.5% on average a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.