How many Microbrite for 10x10 Spa?

JBear

May 1, 2021
Argyle, TX
Builder had initially planned on a single light, but then said his designer has suggested we go with two lights in our spa due to our spa being 10x10 inside dimension. Anyone have an oversized spa such as this and have pics with 1 or 2 lights for comparison? We’ve got two in the price/budget, but if one is sufficient, I might the ask about lighting our sheer decents!

Depends what model lights you plan to use.

Pentair has a few models of LED lights. They vary in size and type of niche required. The chart below summarizes the light specifications.

Pentair guideline is to aim for 4 lumens per square foot of pool surface. For example, if your spa is 100 sq-ft then you need 100x4=400 lumens. This would be one of any of the lights.

Inyo Pools also has a good blog on How Many Lights Do I Need For My Pool? with a table summarizing the coverage of the different Pentair lights.

Jandy has an excellent LED Lighting Design Guide.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.