dmattle

Jul 16, 2020
Elk Grove, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an in ground pool (10,000 gallons) with spa (500 Gallons) built in. Have 1.4HP Single Speed motor. I saw in other thread that pump only needs to run 3 or 4 hours. So I been running pump around 4 .5 hours a day for last few weeks. No issues at all.
Spa overflows into pool during normal filtration. Is the spa getting enough filtration in that amount of time? Maybe run pump longer if spa is used?

If the water is clear and you are satisfied with how the skimmer is picking-up debris, all is good. No need to worry about complete turnover or anything like that. Pump run time all boils down to keeping the water surface clear and moving, vacuuming, mixing chemicals, and perhaps supporting a salt generator if you have one. By the way, be sure to update your signature so we can see all you pool and equipment info.

Reactions: dmattle
We average about 4 to 5 hrs per mid hot summer days with a very strong 1 hp Hayward Tristar. 2 to 3 of those hours after adding LC after sun down. Pump is 11 years old..have a 1.65 V green on standby.

Reactions: dmattle
If the water is clear and you are satisfied with how the skimmer is picking-up debris, all is good. No need to worry about complete turnover or anything like that. Pump run time all boils down to keeping the water surface clear and moving, vacuuming, mixing chemicals, and perhaps supporting a salt generator if you have one. By the way, be sure to update your signature so we can see all you pool and equipment info.
I updated my signature. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.