How do you get the jet covers off?

Insert jet tool or the tips of a pair of needlenose pliers into the slots in the face and unscrew. It will not be easy, and may damage the retaining ring if using pliers. Couldn't say what jet tool they would use if one is even available.
@jimmythegreek , any suggestions?

Those look like the Aquastar flush mount jets. I have the same question. Is there a tool to remove those without destroying them? Looks like they are designed for a tool.

See which one of these wrenches looks like it will grab the tabs…

You want the Aquastar VSJW102 jet removal tool…

See the bottom of this page and open Related Products…

Last edited:
Bummer. I was hoping to be able to get it off with something we already have. How do we know exactly which ones we have?

I'm pretty sure that aquastar jet tool is NOT the right one. It has too many tabs for that retaining ring so wouldn't go into the slots. If there is a tool, it will have 2 tabs. I would (and do) use needlenose, though when stuck it will damage the retaining ring making replacement necessary. I have had to use a dremel tool or tiny jab saw to cut them out before. Heat can help, but you have to be careful. Too much and you warp the fitting and you are REALLY ******.
But these are not my specialty, I mostly work on portable spas which do not use these type of jets. Maybe @JamesW, @jimmythegreek, or @Pool Clown knows a better way.

I'm pretty sure that aquastar jet tool is NOT the right one. It has too many tabs for that retaining ring so wouldn't go into the slots.

I don't see slots in the pic in Post #1. I see tabs like these.

The AquaStar website and catalog show that is the correct tool.

AquaStar Jets.jpg

Bummer. I was hoping to be able to get it off with something we already have.

Confirm if the jets have raised tabs or slots to grab onto?

You need to look around for something that you can cut notches into that match what look to me like tabs.

I don't see slots in the pic in Post #1. I see tabs like these.

The AquaStar website and catalog show that is the correct tool.

View attachment 332350
Oh, those are tabs on the retaining ring, not slots. They looked like slots in the pic. Sorry, my mistake.
You know, I looked closer and they still look like slots to me. Hard to say through the water and looking at it on my phone, but I think they are slots.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You would not want tabs on a floor as someone could catch their foot on a tab.

You want smooth for a floor, but it might be tabs.

In any case, you need something that can engage with the tabs or slots to rotate the faceplate to unlock it.

Is this a wall return or bubbler or what?

Here’s a little better picture with the water more still. It’s a different set of jets but they could be photographed better 53051F40-AEEE-49A9-9A4A-549EE9839CE6.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.