How do you collect water when it's cold?

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
In the summer, I just reach into the pool, about a foot below water line, and fill up my old Leslies bottle (the only think I ever got there that was useful)....then i bring it inside to test.

BUT -- the water is getting cold and I don't really want to submerge my arm in it......what do you guys use?

I just duct taped the bottle to a length of closet rod.

44,000 gal. IG, Hayward Maxflo vs, Tagelus T60 sand filter, Taylor test kit 2006C, diy solar panels for heating pool water, full size solar blanket (to keep the heat we get), a Pentair Easy Touch 4 & the Pentair IC60 swcg
89d29160108d8bd5a563aac18e634990.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reach into the cold water -- it is invigorating!!

Of course, cold is relative. Ours never gets below 60F ---

I don't do a deep dip. I dip from the surface near areas that I feel don't get the best circulation. If I test there I figure I'm observing the worst case conditions of my pool and balance for that. It's not like I see a big difference anyway. I also test at the very end of the day just before my next scheduled chlorine injection.

Your pool, your climate and your conditions may vary but this works for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.