How do you clean new concrete deck and coping?

Watershow

Jun 10, 2020
Riverside County, CA
Hi all,
My pool build coming to an end and was wondering how you all clean your new deck and coping? There are dust and hard to come off dirt from the build and soMe bird droppings. Is it ok to power wash a new concrete deck and what cleaner should I use for coping and tile? Thanks!

Since the pool isn't quite finished yet, I would think it's the PB responsibility to clean it. Ask what their plan is.

Moving forward, bird droppings usually come off with a bit of water from the garden hose. Use caution with a power washer - especially on new concrete - as its use can remove a bit of the top surface of the concrete.

Since the pool isn't quite finished yet, I would think it's the PB responsibility to clean it. Ask what their plan is.

Moving forward, bird droppings usually come off with a bit of water from the garden hose. Use caution with a power washer - especially on new concrete - as its use can remove a bit of the top surface of the concrete.
Hi Provia,
My contract says PB is responsible for clean up but didn’t say the specifics. He started my pool today and went over the equipment basics. I asked him if it was OK to start cleaning the deck and he said yes I can start. So my impression is that I woild have to do it. I plan to clean my own pool and not hire someone to do it. My kids jumped in the pool for the first time in 63 degree water for a few minutes and the joy was priceless. PB will add chemicals this week but after going through quickly how the equipment works was very overwhelming and most likely will need to watch a couple of YouTube videos to get a good grasp of it all.
So anyway, should I use a garden hose instead of pressure washer for now? What kind of cleaning solution should I Use? TIA!

Personally, I would use plain water for now. I wouldn't use any type of cleaning solution. If that doesn't remove the bird droppings and other dirt/debris, ask the PB to have one of his guys do it... if they damage it, they will have to fix it. Actually, since your contract states the PB will clean up, make him do it... you already paid for it.

As for the equipment, post a few pics of the pool and equipment pad - someone here may be able to provide a few pointers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.