Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi, my pool cage was exposed for a few days to mother nature. I had to replace some screens but had to wait a week before the new screens showed up. So my pool cage was exposed wide open (without screens) to debris. Yes, poor planning. Couldn't be helped. Anyway, leaves, twigs, grass, insects, flowering buds, debris entered into my inground pool. I did my best to eliminate the mess everyday. Never-the-less I noticed some spots on the bottom of my pool. I scrubbed and scrubbed with little luck. Can I rub the stains directly with a chlorine tablet and then scrub them? Otherwise, how do I get rid of these organic stains? Do I really have to shock the pool like I've been reading? Isn't there a product thick enough so you can apply it directly to an underwater pool stain and scrub the stain away? Any advice sure would be appreciated. Thanx

Run your FC at 1/2 to 3/4 of SLAM level and the chlorine should bleach out organic stains over time.

Thank you for the quick reply:) Your answers help tremendously!

Oh, and thank you for the "bonus round":) I just wasn't sure how long to run FC high, before I could determine whether it is working or not. I am out of town this weekend, so maybe I will do it next week.

I think the fact that I am now running FC = 8 is s step in the right direction:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.