How Clear is TFP Clear? Let's See (Pics Only Please).

here's a pic

Welcome to the club! This place is really neat. It looks like you have an ozone generator on your pool. Don't know how far into things you are, but it's my understanding they're completely unnecessary for an outdoor pool. Sunlight will do much more comprehensive job at breaking down chloramines before the water even gets to the returns. I removed mine (bought the pool used) and used the wires for a SWG.

Welcome to the club! This place is really neat. It looks like you have an ozone generator on your pool. Don't know how far into things you are, but it's my understanding they're completely unnecessary for an outdoor pool. Sunlight will do much more comprehensive job at breaking down chloramines before the water even gets to the returns. I removed mine (bought the pool used) and used the wires for a SWG.
Yeah we have an ozone green generator and a UV light. We told our pool guy we wanted to let our dogs swim in the pool and with them running around in the dirt and who knows what they have on their feet it'll clean the water a little better.

it'll clean the water a little better

I'm one of the lucky few to have a big dog who hates to get her feet wet or muddy. Just don't let anyone tell you that ozone and UV hardware is a substitute for proper chlorination. Filters will take care of the dirt.

We told our pool guy we wanted to let our dogs swim in the pool and with them running around in the dirt and who knows what they have on their feet it'll clean the water a little better
The industry is afraid of dogs for some reason. Well, actually there is a reason. They have no clue what they are doing from a chemistry standpoint, so it's an easy out to ask the customer if they have dogs and 60% of the time they look smart.

If they did the had a clue, they'd tell you that the dirt on the dogs feet is inorganic (non living unlike algae/ bacteria / pathogens) and is sanitizer neutral as it won't consume any. Sure you may have to vac/robot a bit more, but you love your dogs and they are worth a little effort.

Anywho, the O2 and UV actually consume some of your residual sanitizer and are counterproductive because they add none to the pool, yet take it away from whatever water passes through them. On top of that, the rinky dink residential units pale in comparison to the commercial units that cost many times more. They simply can't do what they are claimed to do, and instead, harm your effectiveness. Consider removing them at your earliest convenience. :)

Last edited:
New pool owner, finally got in this weekend (Michigan in April...even with a heater its a crapshoot!!). Been following the TPS method for this and my spa. So easy...and the pool is so clear its almost like it's empty... ;)

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 30
The industry is afraid of dogs for some reason. Well, actually there is a reason. They have no clue what they are doing from a chemistry standpoint, so it's an easy out to ask the customer if they have dogs and 60% of the time they look smart.

If they did the had a clue, they'd tell you that the dirt on the dogs feet is inorganic (non living unlike algae/ bacteria / pathogens) and is sanitizer neutral as it won't consume any. Sure you may have to vac/robot a bit more, but you love your dogs and they are worth a little effort.

Anywho, the O2 and UV actually consume some of your residual sanitizer and are counterproductive because they add none to the pool, yet take it away from whatever water passes through them. On top of that, the rinky dink residential units pale in comparison to the commercial units that cost many times more. They simply can't do what they are claimed to do, and instead, harm your effectiveness. Consider removing them at your earliest convenience. :)
4E87E378-1BF3-45C2-AB83-59A4F17BF5F5.jpeg
His pool and we just get to keep it clean for him and swim in it occasionally

which is nice
serious way GIF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Too cold to swim in, but this is our first time opening a pool and I used TFP and TF-Pro and a lot of time and patience, but not a lot of money, and it's clear to me. Don't mind that stuff by the drain - that's a um, control sample for how well our Dolphin is going to do when it comes tomorrow, lol. Pump is on, and it's clear enough I can see exactly where the new pool robot needs to put in work once we get it charged up.

RGXsi4qh.png

Posted this in my opening thread, but figured I should repost it here now that it's all done.

1651767618355.png

Unfortunately its a little windy today.

1651767655153.png

Though heres one from the other day with no wind.

1651767671668.png

And these are from a week and a half ago when I opened.
1651767709082.png
1651767721460.png

Attachments

• 1651763024330.png
    1651763024330.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 15
I'm bummed that I'm not at TFP clear yet but in all fairness I just turned on the pump and filter today. The cover has been off and the robot running for a few weeks but no actual filtration until today. Once I get that stupid leak in the pipe from the chlorinator fixed, I'll be able to the run filter longer than 2 or 3 hours at a time. Soon, it will be TFP clear all the way down the deep end. And I can just tell you what a difference a weir door makes?! I installed one at the end of last season but water was too low so it didn't do anything but holy moly, that skimmer is moving way more water and a faster pace

Attachments

• TFP Clear.jpg
    TFP Clear.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 22
I have been sharing TFP with all my friends with pools!! I feel so blessed to have stumbled upon this community!! So far so good! She has stayed clear!
You have the same crab! After a few cocktails..... we start cracking jokes as to why he is so smug and why he's so mad at the world.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support