How careful do I need to be with SLAM level water?

pb4uswim

Jul 23, 2020
Michigan
I’m about to close the pool and I’m wondering about the high level of chlorine and how to handle the water. If I bring It up to SLAM level, that is 28 for my cya. At that level, how careful do I have to be with the water? Will it bleach my clothes? Should I make it clear to the people closing the pool how high the chlorine level is? I was thinking to add the chlorine today and let the pump run for about a day and a half at the high level and then pump out water to closing level before the closers get here. Would it make more sense to just add the chlorine after I lower the water level and just mix the water around a bit with my brush instead So that no one has to handle that level of chlorinated water?

It is safe to swim up to slam level for your cya with other parameters balanced.
I don’t see there being any need for “extra precautions”. No it should not bleach your clothes if they get water on them.

Reactions: pb4uswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.