How are you storing your robots?

Vital Signs

Jul 27, 2020
Portland OR
I bought a Warrior SI and am now trying to figure out how to store it since I plan on taking it out of the pool after each cleaning...I'm currently running it twice a week. I'm assuming all those that bought models with caddy's are storing theirs on a Caddy but for those without are you just storing it upside down like it says in the manual?

I didn't buy a Caddy because there are stairs from my pool to where the robot would be stored so it seemed like a waste of money since I'd have to carry the robot back and forth but I didn't consider the storage aspect of things. I suppose I could buy a Caddy just to use as a storage device but they're kinda spendy.
Or I thought about building a little platform out of ASB plastic bar stock that replicates the caddys dimensions (just the part where the robot sits on it so that the robot is not resting on the brushes) but now wondering if it's worth the effort/cost

Just seems like sitting it upside down is kinda undignified but that's probably just my OCD. If it doesn't cause any issues functionally then I might have to just get over it I suppose.

Also I plan on getting a plastic storage shed for various pool stuff including the robot....any issue with the robots and heat? Those sheds aren't really ventilated all that much so it probably gets pretty toasty inside during the summer.

I have the caddy in my plastic shed and put the robot in the pool 1-2 times a week. No issues so far with the heat, and I'm sure we are a tad bit hotter than your climate.

VS,

Mine sits on two Cedar 4X4s that fit underneath the robot and hold the tracks off the ground.. I keep it outside on my pool deck, under the eve of the house, in an out of the way spot. The power supply is mounted to the wall of the house and I can leave the robot plugged in.

Thanks,

Jim R.

While we are home, mine stays in the pool ---- otherwise I set it on its side in the garage. After removing and cleaning the filters.

Hanging out in the garage at the moment. I'm planning on moving the hook into the filter box and hanging it there when not in use. Otherwise in summer it will be in the pool unless we are swimming.
20200815_172520.jpg

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In the pool house on its side after each run and a good rinse.
Same here, except instead of a pool house I have a Suncoast ABS plastic box on the patio where I keep my robot in-between uses.
Nothing in the manual, just the way I roll. :crazy:
Same here again. I'll also check the impeller monthly for debris and clean if necessary. The impeller checking is probably a throwback to having a suction-side vacuum, and always needing to check my pump impeller. Now with the Dolphin and a hairnet in the skimmer, my pump basket/impeller stay pretty clean.

Last edited:
I have the Warrior SI. It doesn't say store upside down in my manual. On page 7, it says "If not using a caddy, store the cleaner in a covered area with the communication cable coiled. "
https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...aners/prowler930-warriorsi-manual-english.pdf

I store mine on some pavers underneath a large shrub so it's out of the sun.

You know you're right....I think I was just remembering what someone else posted on here about being told to store it that way to prevent any weight on the brushes. Using bricks or pavers as a riser to keep brushes off the ground sounds like a good inexpensive idea though.

The caddy is perfect for lifting the brushes and tracks off the concrete and storing the cable loosely coiled over the handle. In our case, the caddy also holds the power supply and is on the back porch next to an outlet. Run once or twice a week. After that I rinse inside and out, including the cable, and store on the caddy until dry, then cover with a cheap chair cover to protect from afternoon sun. The M500 is an expensive piece of gear. Too expensive to leave in the hostile environment of a 5ppm chlorine and 1600ppm (and increasing) salt pool in the Texas sun. I don't wish to replace this thing every year, or even every three years. OK, now someone reply "I've had mine in the pool nonstop for five years and it still runs perfectly." Maybe, but that wouldn't be me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.