Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

Plaster completed. The whole pool seems so much different already. When they were applying the plaster and trowelling it smooth, I could not see any of the pebble or the glass beads. Only after they started spraying water is when the glass beads were more visible.

Gorgeous, Phil!! Every inch is just amazing! Your tile (even with the plastic protection) looks so beautiful next to the plaster! I just love it all!! Congratulations! I'm super happy for you!

so, is acid wash tomorrow?

Oh wow! That color really is perfect with all of your other selections. Can't wait to see the water and the close-ups after acid wash!

You must have posted that first picture just in time! No sloughing! Lol

Remind me which tile you used again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh wow! That color really is perfect with all of your other selections. Can't wait to see the water and the close-ups after acid wash!

You must have posted that first picture just in time! No sloughing! Lol

Remind me which tile you used again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tile was what I call a TFP favorite - Artic Lagoon from NPT.

Many pools here on TFP have it. Two others that come to mind are cchopkins in Dallas and hhuang in Naples, FL.

TM - You don't seem to be taking any of the good advice I am giving:) If Katy is not too far, always welcome.

Ha! Is that the real advice or the fake advice? [emoji23]. We're your neighbor in Cypress. We're right at 290/Grand Parkway. We moved here from Katy 10 years ago.

The tile was what I call a TFP favorite - Artic Lagoon from NPT.

Many pools here on TFP have it. Two others that come to mind are cchopkins in Dallas and hhuang in Naples, FL.

Oops! Meant the spa tile which was mostly what I noticed popping out with all that beautiful blue.

No rain yet...it was relatively bright and sunny when they plastered. Right now it is really sunny.

We're raining here WITH the sun out. It's quite pretty.

Hey Suz? How far are you from these two?? Should we add them to our pool tour when I come to stay with you? TM and Phil we don't have a breakfast place to eat at yet. We have dinner and dessert all planed but still need breakfast and lunch. LOL

Kim:cat:

Hey Suz? How far are you from these two?? Should we add them to our pool tour when I come to stay with you? TM and Phil we don't have a breakfast place to eat at yet. We have dinner and dessert all planed but still need breakfast and lunch. LOL

Dont forget you have to road trip up to my place! Or I could just join you at Suz's place, do the pool tour with you all, then the 3 of us can road trip to my house!

We are a hop, skip, and a jump to TM's place, and she's on the way to Phil's which is easy-peasy with our new beltway TM mentioned. They are definitely on the tour! Hmmmmmm I'm going to need to make a list of all our Houston area friends. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! Some haven't popped up this year, but I know they'd want us to see their pools. I'm thinking we begin with The Woodlands, Conroe, Kingwood, Humble, Spring areas (NE of me). Come back to my place then spend a few hours with our Cypress buds, West Houston, then on to inside the loop (center of Houston) and southward to our coastal friends - Pearland, League City, etc. This might take a few days, right?! Then we head west to Austin and then onto Midland/Odessa. We gotta go see Patrick! Then come home by way of DFW area to East Texas and then back to home base (Suz's). Whew! We're gonna be busy!!!! Get your seat cushions ready!!!

Dont forget you have to road trip up to my place! Or I could just join you at Suz's place, do the pool tour with you all, then the 3 of us can road trip to my house!

Kim........! Do you see this?!!!! Ok, get one of your locks and lock in Denise for this trip! You've done it now, Nini. You start with Kim and me at my house. Somewhere before or after the DFW area (depending what part of OK you're in), we can go the OK way and drop you off. Or any other options are great with me!!!

OH yeah! What a great time it will be! The laughter alone will be epic!

Are you kidding me???? This would be so fun! I have a Nissan Pathfinder, so I can only fit 5. I think we need to charter a bus - I think several from the Houston area want to join the tour! Any TFP members out there with their commercial license (is that what it takes to drive a bus)? We could put banners on the bus. Oh goodness, I better get my house in shape!!! Nick and I've been working on it, but now I have a goal and a timeline. Happy dreamin' tonight!!!

Sorry, Phil!!!! Kim distracted me with the talk of the TFP tour.

My first thought when I looked at your pictures from today??? Can I have a do-over?!!! The finish is absolutely perfect with your tile. And BTW, I would have been just as happy with the "TFP tile" as you call it (it fits!). Wow, it's just beautiful. Wait til you see the finish after the acid wash - it will blow you away!! In my books, you can't have too many abalone shells! And don't worry about them being spread heavier in some areas and not in others. Mine are that way - I think it looks more like sparkles in nature.

Congrats! Well done!!!

I'm in and like Suz said, not far at all! Don't forget Plat! Any progress from him lately? I want to SEE that pool!!

It looks so lovely! And you know I am partial to blues. ;) Cant wait to see it after your acid wash. Our first tile choice was Artic Lagoon and then we went with a multicolored one. I'm surprised you didn't get any rain today. We had a quick down pour and then a few showers. What are the thin hoses strung across your pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.