Apr 1, 2022
Northern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello,

I've been designing and planning our pool for quite a while and have learned a lot through tfp.
We have a modern/minimalist aesthetic and have seen high water level skimmers used outside the US. I've googled forever and can't find a source in the US, any ideas?

Thx!

Attachments

• High Water Level Skimmer Installed.jpg
    High Water Level Skimmer Installed.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 48
  • High Water Level Skimmer.jpg
    High Water Level Skimmer.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 48
Welcome to the forum.
One reason may be they do not meet VGBA requirements.
If they did, I suspect you would find them available.

I see Astral Pool has them in Australia. They are a sister company to Jandy. So email Jandy and ask.

I would not use a steel (looks metallic) skimmer in a chlorinated swimming pool. If there’s any damage to it during installation or someone doesn’t keep the water chemistry properly balanced, it could rust. Once rust starts, it’ll get ugly fast and, depending on the pool construction, could be a nightmare to replace. But if metallic is the look you want then just be really, really careful with the water chemistry.

Thanks for your replies!
I suspect you're correct about the VGBA requirements, there's a reason they're not easily found here. I've actually emailed Astral a few times along with other companies in the UK and Switzerland and no response. They have plastic ones, too, not just the metal. Thanks again. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.