High TA

PrTexas

Jun 11, 2019
Houston tx
I'm using the TF -100 kit and am getting high TA levels. 180 double checked, now today 160 double checked. I took a sample to pool store just for a 2nd opinion and they read it as 100. I've read directions and using the 25ML test but I feel like something is wrong. Appreciate some advice.
FC 5.5
TC 0
TA 160
PH 7.8
CH 300
CYA 60

Trust your testing.
TA testing can have an issue with static electricity making the droplets smaller. So read Total Alkalinity - Trouble Free Pool for that.

I assume the pool store gave you 'adjusted' alkalinity. They take 1/3 of the CYA they test at and take it off the Total alkalinity. Poolmath manages that for you when using TA for pH adjustment, etc.

Trust your testing.
TA testing can have an issue with static electricity making the droplets smaller. So read Total Alkalinity - Trouble Free Pool for that.

I assume the pool store gave you 'adjusted' alkalinity. They take 1/3 of the CYA they test at and take it off the Total alkalinity. Poolmath manages that for you when using TA for pH adjustment, etc.
Great thanks! I'll look over the info and try again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.