High Pressure, Low Suction Help

Seana36

May 13, 2024
Hi all, first time poster. We are on the second season with a pool and are having an issue with the pressure constantly being around 23-25psi. I have tried deep cleaning the filter and the container it sits in. Within 30 minutes of it being deep cleaned and running again the pressure is back up to above normal range. I got a brand new filter last year and deep clean it with the hose once a week. We have a large algae problem which I've been trying to solve so not sure if that plays a factor. Any advice would be great!

Its a salt water system, Hayward C150 if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    760.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to TFP!!!

Algae is clogging the filter.

Follow this process. Link-->SLAM Process

You will need to be attentive cleaning the filter in the early stages. When the pressure rises 25% above clean pressure, you will need to clean again.

Last edited:
Hi all, first time poster. We are on the second season with a pool and are having an issue with the pressure constantly being around 23-25psi. I have tried deep cleaning the filter and the container it sits in. Within 30 minutes of it being deep cleaned and running again the pressure is back up to above normal range. I got a brand new filter last year and deep clean it with the hose once a week. We have a large algae problem which I've been trying to solve so not sure if that plays a factor. Any advice would be great!

Its a salt water system, Hayward C150 if that makes a difference.
Once you get the algae under control (eliminated), soak the cartridge in a cartridge-cleaning product. Until that happens you will have to keep cleaning the filter. Algae spores are tiny and can get into the pores of the fabric. A hose won't always get them out. DO NOT use a pressure washer.

Reactions: PoolStored