High Pressure low return

Apr 15, 2018
Sherwood Ar
Ok I have strong suction and and my pressure gage sits at 15 psi. After approximately 10 minutes or so the pressure climbs to 22 psi at the multi-valve pressure gage for the filter, and the return jet pressure drops to a very faint return to where the water isn’t even moving. I can’t seem to find the issue. My pump stays primed even at 22 psi with no bubbles in the pump filter. However if I change the multivalve to recirculate and it sits at 13 psi, I monitored it for approximately 1.5 hours and the psi doesn’t move. I’ve replaced the filter sand, the fitting from pump to multivalve, the multivalve itself, and the valve is new. I’ve checked for leaks on the pipes that are above ground And it’s not leaking water anywhere. It’s a Hayward S200 filter and a Hayward super 1 hp pump. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: It sounds as if water flow is being restricted in the filter, possibly from catching some debris or materials. Can you post a full set of water results for us? Results from a Taylor K-2006C or TF-100 would be best. That would be step 1 so we can rule out the early stages of (clear) algae. In the meantime, make sure to include all of that equipment stuff into your signature. That will help a lot later as well. Nice to have you on the forum.

If any one was curious to what the issue was. I disassembled the filter again and the lateral holder assembly bottom had broken and when it was pumping the piece would cover up the return hole and cause the issue. Good luck and hopefully this will help someone.

I disassembled the filter again and the lateral holder assembly bottom had broken and when it was pumping the piece would cover up the return hole and cause the issue.
I had a feeling there was a restriction in the filter, but no idea it was a broken lateral. Good catch. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.