High levels of Calcium

Jul 20, 2019
Phoenix
Hi. I recently decided to start doing my pool maintenance (with the help and advice from the wonderful kimkat). I finally got out to complete the test using the testing kit i purchased from TFP. According to the results my level is at 875. Based on the pool math app it says to replace 69% of my pools water. Is there any other way around this? Pool was finished in January. We have filled the pool twice and i don’t want to have to drain and fill it again if i can avoid it. Keep in mind I’m a complete novice to all of this. Thanks in advance

Are you using the Poolmath app? If so, share your data. Go to the Gear Icon, upper right, and select Sharing.

If not, post your test day. You are in Phoenix, with very high CH water. So you will have rising CH. You should get 2+ years out of your water before the CH is an issue.

Have you been using Cal Hypo 'shock'?

Are you using the Poolmath app? If so, share your data. Go to the Gear Icon, upper right, and select Sharing.

If not, post your test day. You are in Phoenix, with very high CH water. So you will have rising CH. You should get 2+ years out of your water before the CH is an issue.

Have you been using Cal Hypo 'shock'?

here is a link to my recent test. Keep in mind I’ve literally done nothing up to this point. I hired a pool person (who i assumes managed chemicals) and then decided to get advice from here which is why i started to test. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: Browneyesdmb34
Your Poolmath log shows you have a vinyl liner pool? Do you? If not, you need to change that in Poolmath.

How did your CH get so high? Are you confident you are doing the test properly? Have you read Calcium Hardness - Trouble Free Pool

Can you fill out your signature? See Create Your Signature - Further Reading

i think you figured it out. I had the wrong info in the pool math app. I thought i had my pool info in my signature but i missed a key step. Thank you for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.