OrlandoBrian

Sep 5, 2023
Orlando
So, I had my pool resurfaced with pebble tec in july. my water looks crystal clear, but when I brush at night I can see cloudiness brushed in front of the light. I have a Polaris Freedom robot vac and every morning I put it in it collects a lot of white dust that feels like sand. So I went to the pool store and they added a touch of acid to the dried out dust from yesterday and it foamed up immediately.

is that calcium hardness? There is no white showing up on the pool... its dark blue so I would see it.

my calcium seems to be test around 300-400 - Welcome your thoughts?

Salt pool - 3600
Chlorine - 4.8
PH 7.6
alkalinity - 69
CYA - 54

So, I had my pool resurfaced with pebble tec in july. my water looks crystal clear, but when I brush at night I can see cloudiness brushed in front of the light. I have a Polaris Freedom robot vac and every morning I put it in it collects a lot of white dust that feels like sand. So I went to the pool store and they added a touch of acid to the dried out dust from yesterday and it foamed up immediately.

is that calcium hardness? There is no white showing up on the pool... its dark blue so I would see it.

my calcium seems to be test around 300-400 - Welcome your thoughts?

Salt pool - 3600
Chlorine - 4.8
PH 7.6
alkalinity - 69
CYA - 54
We don’t generally trust pool store testing. But yes acid on the debris foaming sounds like calcium.

Ok, as of this morning the Calcium was around 450 per my waterguru (Device that sits in skimmer), every morning the Freedom is picking up a good amount of what flakes that feel sandy. When they dry out and I hit them with acid the acid immediately foams. I have used clarifier, and flocculant in the past. I brush the pool regularly and trying to figure out how to stop the white debris floating in my blue pool. The odd thing is that the pool looks crystal clear until I brush in front of the light at night. There is also a permanent haze in front of the light at night. Welcome thoughts... Do I drain the pool?

Ok, as of this morning the Calcium was around 450 per my waterguru (Device that sits in skimmer), every morning the Freedom is picking up a good amount of what flakes that feel sandy. When they dry out and I hit them with acid the acid immediately foams. I have used clarifier, and flocculant in the past. I brush the pool regularly and trying to figure out how to stop the white debris floating in my blue pool. The odd thing is that the pool looks crystal clear until I brush in front of the light at night. There is also a permanent haze in front of the light at night. Welcome thoughts... Do I drain the pool?

Sounds like you still have plaster dust floating around your pool.

What model filter do you have?

The CH in your water is not causing the dust problem.

If you can post a set of test results from one of the recommended TFP test kits that might help determine if you need to drain or not. Don’t do anything based on the waterguru.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.