Calcium Chloride

Dec 8, 2017
Athens GA
I want to add some calcium to my pool. What is the percentage of calcium chloride to use. Some pool products say active ingredient 100%, others say on average 97%. I am sure 100% is ideal, but i have some ice melt which says 94% pure calcium chloride. My only concern is what the other 6% is. The Pool math app doesn't mention the percent of calcium chloride, just how much to use to raise ppm. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

First, why do you want to raise your calcium level? Nothing in your signature indicates a need for calcium.

The easiest way to raise the calcium level is to use calcium hypochlorite to chlorinate. It’s one of the easiest methods to chlorinate the pool if you want the calcium increase.

It's getting close to zero. I know with a vinyl lined pool that is ok, but like to keep it in the low end of ideal at least. I agree on the calcium hypochlorite but have plenty of liquid chlorine and have some ice melt which is 94%. FYI, I went to the product website being it did not say on the bag what the other ingredients were, and it said Sodium Chloride 2.5%, Mag. Chloride, Calcium Hydroxide and calcium sulfate, all less than 1%. Don't think any of those other ingredients in those small amounts will affect the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.