High FC, low CYA - adding chemicals with solar cover on?

l1ltaral1l

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2019
Walnutport, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I was living the high life for a while, but now my results are wonky. I'm guessing my SWCG is turned up too high (I think it's set at 7 but need to double check). Hopefully my PoolMath link works and you're able to see my results. But here they are:

FC 12
pH 7.8
TA 70
CH - not tested, but 6 days ago was 175
CYA 40
Salt 2080

Annnyywaaaayyyyy. Is it ok to add stabilizer with a solar cover on? The cover has been on for a few days, and will likely stay on a few more days.

Plan: turn down SWCG, let the sun work (can it work well with the cover on?) and add stabilizer tonight, turning the pump back on for overnight. Yay or nay?

Thanks!

You really don’t need more CYA for a pool in PA that is usually covered.

Just turn down your SWG.

Looks like low salt too. Home Depot and Lowes were sold out but Lowes still had the water softener kind in the plumbing section. Just make sure its pure with 'no additives".

For the FC i would just leave the cover off for 2 or 3 days. It will take much longer to drift down if covered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.