High Cyanuric Acid and phosphates

That pump will also work with a 1.25 fitting as well. In fact it will pump the water much faster. I bought a pvc female fitting to screw onto the threads and connected my vacuum hose to it with a barb connection. You might try that if you want to move more water faster.

Reactions: Durangler
I don't think chopping 20 ft off hose is going to give you that much more flow. Maybe hoses with a bigger diameter or add a second pump. You should be able to rent a bigger pump from Home depot
{Edit] me and dean posted at the same time... that's the bigger diameter option

Interestingly enough someone just posted on social media that they went to the same store I went and got a 40% results (same as me), they were told to drain, they did and after adding all the chemicals and hundreds k
of $ later, they went to that same store and got again a 40%. This time they decided to get a 2nd opinion at a different store and got 90% for the same water....
Now you know why the collective forum opinion of pool store testing is so low. Sometimes its good sometimes its bad.. The only consistent thing we can say is they are inconsistent. And why we encourage self testing with the use of the same test kit of known quality

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
So I just tested, the flow at the end of the first hose is 5gal in 59 seconds, which will take about 49hours vs 71hours with both hoses. So I would expect if I buy a shorter hose, to be somewhere around 55hours.
Any concerns with pumping 70 hours? Worth going down to 55 hours with a smaller hose.
I can get a pump at home depot, but then, not sure my intake will keep up :(
All this is new to me

Your little pump will run that long no issue.

No drains in the house or elsewhere than just one hose can reach?

If you rent a pump, then it is a drain and refill. You can do that. Start the pump out late afternoon and start refilling immediately. The next morning you will need to spray any exposed plaster with water continuously until your water level rises.

My exchange runs right at 7 gpm. I have a 1/2 hp sump pump and about 30' of hose.

At that low rate any drain will work. Might want to reconsider over night though.

No need for chlorine during this. Unless you really want to. Add to the incoming water stream.

5 ppm FC in your pool size is 3 quarts of 10%.

So I changed the 2nd hose to a shorter one and I am at 5gal for 64 seconds. So it will take 53hours vs 71hours. I am not sure at what rate a kitchen sink can drain, I couldn't find a conclusive answer online. I am so far 3hours in. Thanks

Should I turn off the water going to the floater used to keep the level of the pool adjusted?

It is about 8" below water level if I am not wrong.
Also will the pump retain the schedule witb the breaker off fkr 3 days?
Thanks

The pump will retain its schedule.

The autofill would have been good to turn off but by now probably does not matter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I am past 2/3, 18 hours left. For some reason, the green marks are now darker?? see attached pics. I am guessing changing water doesn't necessarily help with the starting algae?! Thanks

Attachments

• 20200601_190741.jpg
    20200601_190741.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 35
No, it will not help with algae.

That pattern, are you sure it is algae? Have you used copper containing products? Algaecides, pucks/solid chlorine with Blue in the name?

Here is what I use all from Costco, and yes I have an additional box of chlorine tablets and Shock that I can possibly return since I have not opened them yet (last pic), I definitely have some green on the wall of the pool :(

As I am new to this I am worried but I trust the process. Should I return the tablets and shock or keep them for like the monsoon season in az?

Thanks

Attachments

• 15910648579641036913162829226763.jpg
    15910648579641036913162829226763.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 15910650082578133162168605017989.jpg
    15910650082578133162168605017989.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 15910651509181815049541619454210.jpg
    15910651509181815049541619454210.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 11
All of them have copper. The deed is done on the staining if that is what it is. Hopefully the copper was in the water your getting rid of.

I would not use any of them. I have some plain trichlor pucks (Walmart or Home Depot typically have them) that I keep for when we leave for several weeks. They are acidic and I use them to keep the pH controlled.

Are you saying I won't be able to brush it off? It seems like where the infloor system "sprayed" watet it did not stain.
I guess I'll deal with it as soon as I am done with the water and pumping.

So what is my first step as soon as I am done with the pumping tomorrow?

Pour 3 quarts of 10% liquid chlorine, run the pump and brush the pool? If yes any special way to pour the liquid chlorine? Deep end? Night vs day? Run the pump for 24h?

No test kit yet.
Thanks

When you are done go ahead and add the chlorine. Add it at a return into the pool. Do you have a normal return or just the infloor?

Let the pump run a couple hours and brush. If you have your kit, run the tests at that time. If not, just keep adding the chlorine every day and brush.

On the pipes near the pump I seem to have a pipe labelled return, I guess I can turn the valves to direct the entire flow of the pump to the return?

Is the return just a hole on the side of the pool where water will come out? If yes, do I just start the pump and pour the liquid chlorine in front of the hole in the water?

If I don't have a return and just in floor, then start pump and pour in the deep end?

Thanks

If you have a normal pool return, it will be an eyeball on the wall, normally 8-12 inches from the water level. If you do not, then pour into the deep end with pump on but if your in floor is not on that section use your brush to move the water around.

Got it, so if I have the return, I will direct the entire flow to it and pour the liquid chlorine in front of it, or maybe half the flow to the infloor and half to the return?

Someone suggested I an running my pump at high rpm, what would be the recommendation for the pump schedule. I was doing 2600 rpm for 11hours.
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.