High CYA, first time LC user

It's not a concern if it's getting consumed. Isn't that what your trying to accomplish to rid and destroy whatever is causing this besides the CC is backing up your actions.
First rodeo, just being cautious. I’m off to add my 3 gallons now. Will re-test chlorine in the morning. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: IceShadow
This thing is eating chlorine. Just tested and got 0 FC, 0.75 CC (it was tough to tell if I needed that second drop to clear the R-0003). Water is crystal clear. Gonna have to go buy more bottles, only have 2 gallons to add right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: Snoobug
Just tested at 5 FC and 1.5 CC at 8:45 and immediately added 3.3 gal more targeting 24. Should I be re-testing and re-adding every hour even during the day? Asking because I know the sun breaks it down. I’m at 15.3 gallons of 12% in 2 days so far.

Just tested at 5 FC and 1.5 CC at 8:45 and immediately added 3.3 gal more targeting 24. Should I be re-testing and re-adding every hour even during the day? Asking because I know the sun breaks it down. I’m at 15.3 gallons of 12% in 2 days so far.
If you can, yes. Life is a thing and not everyone can add during the day but the more often you add the quicker the SLAM will go.

The chlorine use will go down some as whatever is eating it up in the water dies and you're just dealing with sun loss while you filter.

Reactions: bja1288
You’re killing off the remaining stuff in the pool. Add enough to get to your SLAM level - FC usage will drop as the algae dies and stops multiplying, and you are just filtering out the dead stuff. :)

You have to keep the SLAM up - the M in SLAM is for “maintain”
Read this thread for inspiration

You have to keep the SLAM up - the M in SLAM is for “maintain”
Read this thread for inspiration
Appreciated this. Here’s the latest:
1656420723313.png

Reactions: HermanTX
So you went from 18 FC after dusk yesterday to 10 FC at 7am - probably some sun on the pool by then but that's a pretty big drop for just an hour or two of sun. The chlorine is still killing things for sure. Keep the FC elevated and let it do its job! Test as often as life allows and add more FC back to SLAM level when you do. Keep brushing/vacuuming/filtering. :)

Reactions: jeffchap

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.