Hey Sean...

Molson said:
Whats a Bargeque? :lol:
Isn't it a rare breed of yak herding dog from Tibet? :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

(Sean, give me the word and I will personally seach EVERY ONE of Molson's posts for a typo so you can get your revenge! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Payback can be such fun!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love pulled pork, but typically in Texas when we talk about bbq, we are thinking about brisket.

In fact I'm making one tomorrow! I'll need to get the pit going early to give it enough smoke time. I'll be using mesquite; which is the standard around here. Personally, I like hickory or pecan better, but my wife did the shopping this time.

j4ydubs said:
SeanB said:
I love pulled pork, but typically in Texas when we talk about bbq, we are thinking about brisket.
Don't get me wrong, I love brisket, but being from North Carolina, BBQ = Pulled Pork. ;)

John

And then you headed north, so it doesn't look like it's going to get any better for you. :lol: Just curious, have you ever had a slow smoked brisket? A lot of people make it in the oven, and trust me, it's not the same thing.

brisket my favoirite, and true texas style too. as much as i like north carolina i know for a fact they cant cook right. they use viniger in all their BBQ. WTH

To me, it's more important how the bbq is cooked, not what type of meat you use. I've had brisket that people cooked in the oven with liquid smoke and bbq sauce and called it bbq - WRONG!

A certain moderator, I won't mention her mer-name, once asked about making "bbq" in the crock pot! Oh the humanity. :lol: ;)

At our local county music festival this year (Stagecoach), they had about 40 different "BBQ" teams cooking everything from brisket and pork, to homemade salsa.
$10 got you 5 samples from any of the different teams, my wife and I must have tried 20 different types of meat. I was surprised at the many different approaches to each type of meat and sauce. I could never be a judge at one of those event's as they all tasted good in their own unique way. I also invited one of the competitors over to this site, hopefully he will bring others as well. Here is his website if anyone is interested:

http://www.rhythmnque.com/index.html

He did have some delicious pork!!

Greg

SeanB said:
A certain moderator, I won't mention her mer-name, once asked about making "bbq" in the crock pot! Oh the humanity. :lol: ;)

At least there was not any liquid smoke involved!! 8) And as you recall, I was shamed into purchasing a small smokerbox and some hickory chips, and I smoked that sucker on the (gas) grill!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.