hey all, pool volume and test kit help.

I like the TF100 over the Taylor 2006. It has more of the regents we use the most. After the TF-100 is the Taylor 2006C. The C is important as it means it also has more regents than the 2006 but still not quite as good as the Tf-100. Look in my siggy for the link to where to buy the TF-100.

Okay on to the fun stuff! Break your pool into parts. Measure and use Pool Math-----wait....have you found Pool Math yet?? Here is a link in case you have not: PoolMath - Trouble Free Pool Make sure to have a piece of paper to put all of the numbers on to add up. Measure one part of the pool. Put it in Pool Math and write it down. Do each part and add them all up. THEN share it here with a full set of test results. We can help you dial it in from there! We have some tricks up our sleeves!

Kim:kim:

Hi Kim☺️ I ordered TF-100 yesterday, and downloaded and subscribed to poolmath. Sooo tired of Leslies!!! Their pucks and powders have wreaked havoc. I measured length 35' , the width was tricky, i got 24' from slightly diagonal widest point to other widest point. Didn't include spa. Deep end was 8 and shallow 3' . I guess that would put me at 34,558?
So, I've partially drained twice in June due to high cya. It was at 140 according to Leslie's. So i partially drained the first time, cya went down to 115 or 120. So i partially drained again, and that didn't really make a dent because Leslie's told me yesterday cya is still at 120. Here's their test results from yesterday:
FAC-5
TAC-5
CH-810
CYA-120
TA-120
PH-7.8
Copper-0
Iron-0
TDS-3700
PHO-200
According to pool math and some forum searches, i need to keep doing the partial drains periodically if i can't drain all at once, and i should be adding 4 gallons liquid chlorine right now if cya is still at 120? Need help. Should i add that? All at once? Looking forward to getting my TF-100 soon and any help you can provide.
Thanks so much!

OH! You have a wonderful diving pool!!! What wonderful fun!! SWEET!

We can really dial your size in now. So using Pool Math use those gallons as the size of your pool. Now see how much muraitic acid would it would take to lower your pH down to 7.5 OH POOP! I forgot you don't have your test kit yet ............We will do this when it comes in.

How does your water look? Is the 4 gals of bleach based on your CYA of 120 AND not having any problems with your water such as cloudy or algae?

Water looks clear, not sparkling though. Pool has scale, looks like it needs resurfacing. I think stuff will start to click once test kit arrives. I have 5 more doses of cal hypo shock, i just added 2 bags as pool math suggested to be on more Target level with the CYA. After the bags run out I'll switch back to liquid chlorine.

Last edited:
We will work on the scale once the test kit gets there. Those bags are part of the reason your CH is so high. See the problem with those bags and tablets is they all add something *extra* to the water. Some add CH and some add CYA :( Both are needed but both also start adding up over time. The only way to remove them is..............drain and replace some of your water. We will wait on your test kit to do this also.

While you are waiting for the test kit look around your area to find your best source for liquid chlorine/bleach. Some pool stores have chlorine at 11%. You will have to put a deposit down on the jugs but that is no biggie. Your next best bet is Walmart's "shock". It is in a white jug and 10% if it is fresh. Next is PLAIN bleach. It should be 6%. If it does not list the % don't waste your time or money on it. NO pretty smells, splashless, cloramax, etc. They add stuff you do not want in your pool.