Here are the results

Hakkamike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
I am so glad that we made the conversion to Chlorine(bleach). Chlorine gets such a bad rap because people do not watch their Combined Chlorine Levels. The twins and wifey say no burning eyes at all and no skin problems :-D

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Very nice work.

You should be very proud of your pool and very proud of that happy-looking family!! (Likewise, they should be proud of you for getting their pool in such great shape :lol: :lol: )

Hakkamike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks for the complements guys and gals, I worked on it pretty hard to get it changed over but it was well worth it, I think my chemical bills per month now are going to be around 25.00 or so a month as opposed to at least 60 to 70 using Bac.

Hakkamike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
It took me almost 2 weeks to do the conversion. Most people get theirs done in around one week, I have a lot of trees and hence had a bunch of leaves in the bottom that did not help matters at all, the chlorine was being used up pretty fast with both the bac and organic material. I did start seeing positive results after 4 days of keeping my FC up around 15ppm, I checked it 2 or 3 times a day and tried to never let it get below 10ppm. My CC levels were up around 8 when I started and was wondering if they would ever go down at all. I just checked the CC this morning and its.2 after 5 kids in it yesterday for 5 hours :lol: I am still fighting leaves in the pool. Hey if I can get it done anyone can, trust me.

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hakkamike said:
I am still fighting leaves in the pool.
Great pics! I am still in reading and learning mode, but will probably make the switch either in a few weeks or at the start of next season.

As far as the leaves, have you ever heard of PoolSkim? http://www.poolskim.com/

We got one when we got our pool and I love it!

At the beginning of last year we'd had it 5 years and we noticed some of the plastic getting brittle and bubbling. We also had some holes in the mesh bag from a puppy incident (although it still worked fine). We contacted the company and they gave us a great discount on a new one even through we were just asking about getting replacement parts or where to buy a whole new one.

It's definitely been worth what I paid for it, which I think was about $80.