NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So I’m helping a friend SLAM but they could only get 5 gallons of liquid chlorine which won’t be enough. It’s in limited demand in 3 local Walmart’s.

they have these 2 products available, can these be used instead? Will it effect their other levels at all and hurt anything? I know they need to eventually get the CH up but right now they are not passing the overnight FC loss so they have to slam it was probably caused by loosing FC from not having any CYA. Attached are photos of available products the jug of refresh they already have and I’m thinking that should be ok. They can get super shockwave tomorrow if that’s better but liquid is hard to find.

Gunite, saltwater pool, 40,000 gallons
Levels:
FC:0
PH: 7.3
TA: 60
CH: 100
CYA: 0

I had them add 5ppm of chlorine late tonight, confirm reading and test tomorrow morning, if the loss is high we will add liquid stabilizer to get CyA to 30 quick then increase FC to SLAM level of 12, turned off swg. Will have them monitor the FC stays at 12 and adjust as needed. Then follow rest of slam until it’s maintained. Trying to figure out if we can use this refresh product or if it as other stuff in it that will hurt other numbers.

after slam I will have them get CH up.

Attachments

• DE352AE8-3552-472B-9BB7-8CEF01EED81E.png
    DE352AE8-3552-472B-9BB7-8CEF01EED81E.png
    370.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 264B17A7-6684-4E78-9485-35174238A1AC.png
    264B17A7-6684-4E78-9485-35174238A1AC.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 11
Sounds like you have a plan. What you show in the picture is cal hypo. It will work. Just be sure it is fully dissolved as it can stain the pool surface.

If you have an Ocean State Job Lots near you, they are known to carry liquid chlorine.

They have white plaster is staining still an issue? So I guess mix the granular into a tub of water then pour it in the pool? Is this refresh stuff stabilized and would effect cya or no so it’s not a concern?

after Everything is back to normal we will use the swg again and add cya up to 60-70.

It is not stabilized, adds chlorine and calcium.

I would not trust leaving particles of cal hypo on any surface.

You should dissolve and then pour in the pool. Any undissolved material either add more water to the bucket to dissolve or dispose of it.

Reactions: Liz315
Sounds like you have a plan. What you show in the picture is cal hypo. It will work. Just be sure it is fully dissolved as it can stain the pool surface.

If you have an Ocean State Job Lots near you, they are known to carry liquid chlorine.

If you have an Ocean State, go there. They’ve been limiting purchases to 2 cases (4 full gallons each case) per customer per day here, so bring your friend and get 4 cases. 12.5%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.