Oh oh.. Yes I forgot about that.. Okay cool. Thank you!! Whew I feel better... i was worrying myself sick all morning about it. Also with my CYA being so low what level should I keep my FC at? Ive been shooting for 16. And I will get my model numbers for my equipment now

Well I was able to get my CYA up to between the 20 and 30 mark but there is still a little bit of the cya in a sock so hopefully it will hit 30.. Im still not seeing much progress tho. Water still cloudy but it is light light light blue. CC is 0 Im not losing but 1 or 2 points on the over night test. Heres the new issue tho... My pump basket has allot of air bubbles on the suction side and when my pump kicks down to the low setting the water level drops in the basket.. What does that mean. Ive checked all the exposed joints and O Rings for leaks... What should I check next? Also does that fix a leak stuff for pools work and is it safe to use?? Can I try a flocc or ALUM to get the cloudy gone? Ive been keep my SLAM up but its been over a month now and Im losing hope!

if your pump has that much air in it you have a suction side leak, or the filter is very plugged.

Ive been keep my SLAM up but its been over a month now
Looking at this thread you have not been following the SLAM Process until now. And even then with a CYA of under 30, you are not following it.

Yes to an extent... I thought I was following the SLAM process until I found out the CYA could be tested even with cloudy water.... May I ask why a lower CYA is not recommended? My cya is still dissolving.. So basically what you are saying is since I didnt have the proper amount of CYA in it it wasnt able to clear up properly this whole time? Uugh that is so frustrating... I have put hundreds of dollars of bleach in it. Obviously that is my fault for not verifying but its not my pool technically so I was just following my mother in laws instructions. So once my CYA is up higher then the SLAM should start working correctly?...

The SLAM Process shows a CYA of at least 30 (and preferably below 60) as anything under 30 places the FC very susceptible to quick elimination by the UV from the sun. So during the daylight hours, your FC is dropping lower quickly due to UV and not attacking the organics you are targeting. What you have been doing will eventually work, but it is all about time and efficiency. Your method up to now has been very inefficient.

The SLAM Process shows a CYA of at least 30 (and preferably below 60) as anything under 30 places the FC very susceptible to quick elimination by the UV from the sun. So during the daylight hours, your FC is dropping lower quickly due to UV and not attacking the organics you are targeting. What you have been doing will eventually work, but it is all about time and efficiency. Your method up to now has been very inefficient.
Oh wow. Well that sucks. I have noticed that the last week or so it looks a little better so maybe I can make some progress now. I have one more question then I will leave you all alone lol but my CC is basically 0 or maybe 0.2 does that mean there isnt anything in the pool that the bleach will be consuming? Just curious what exactly it means

A CC of 0.5 or less is essentially 0. A good thing, means the CC is being eliminated quickly by the sun or there are no longer any ammonia based organics left in the water to be consumed by chlorine. It is an indicator. One of three for a successful SLAM.

Okay that is awesome. Im also going to double check it tonight but Im passing my OCLT too so hopefully wont have to SLAM much longer. Would the air leak be a cause for the water to be cloudy, like milky cloudy not just hazy.. Im gonna try to post a good picture soon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Air should not result in persistent cloudy water. A sand filter is very slow to clear. Have you used DE yet?

That is what I have heard. See my mother in law cleaned the pool the first few years and now I have started doing it for her so Im still learning. To answer your question no I have not added the DE yet but I believe I am going to give it a try.. Is there anything on here that gives step by step directions? Do you have any advice? Thank you so much btw.. It is so nice to have people that know what they are talking about to turn to when I start stressing out. I wish I would have signed up sooner and it might already be done! Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.