Help with Start-up for Minimax PLus 400

Feb 19, 2015
Lake forest/ CA
Hi all, I've read through the service manual and this and I'm stuck. I seem to have the error where I need to replace the fuse (see picture below). I replaced the fuse....the pilot lights, then the burner goes on for like 2-3 seconds and then it shuts down. Any idea on what could be causing it. Everything I've found is that it is a fuse issue but I replaced the fuse and it still doesn't work. I'm going to try to vaccum out the air exchange top portion this evening......Any other advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• ErrorFrontPanel.jpg
    ErrorFrontPanel.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 12-15-2020 3-14-36 PM.png
    12-15-2020 3-14-36 PM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BackofMotherboard.jpg
    BackofMotherboard.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 8
Is the part that you replaced the "tfuse" ( thermal cutoff-fusible link ) that is listed as pentair part # 075173? The exploded heater view and parts list does not give the location for this part. A photo of the part you replaced and its location in the heater would be helpful. If it is indeed the fusible link, this part melts at a certain predetermined temperature and opens the circuit when a rollout/overtemperature situation occurs. Will be able to help further after photo of the part. Also helpful would be photos of heater with the front cover(s) off.

Sounds like the flame sensor is not proving. if you're comfortable with working on the heater, go ahead and clean the burner tubes/rails, and the gas orifices as well.

Check all of the ground connections for corrosion. With some corrosion or a bit of moisture or a change in environment can make the differnce if the small current the flame sensor puts out is seen.

Wow you guys are great....I made all of these changes...significant corrosion. I'm kinda done with this bad boy unfortunately. I really appreciate your tips but I think I gotta upgrade to a new one. Looking at the Pentair MasterTemp 400K!! Thank you Soooooo much I appreciate your help...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.