Help with pool water issues.

Pool has been drained and refilled. Got a chance to seal under the boulders that intrude into the pool edge, as well as, seal between the tiles and pool deck. I had a pool person come in to acid wash some heavy duty calcium deposits, again where the boulders fo the wall fall meet the pebble tec surface.
I allowed the pool person to set up the water. He left me a gallon of liquid chlorine and a mix of stabilizer/conditioner and Tri clor. At his instruction, when the pool was 1/2 full, I added 1/2 of the powdered mix that was dissolved in water. When the pool was completely full, he instructed me to add the rest of the dissolved powder mix and the chlorine.

The pool is remarkably clear but I seem to be adding acid about every three days and I cannot seem to reduce the pH. The readings that will follow show my Cl high. I had a .06 reading and based on the pool calculator, I added the prescribed amount of bleach but as you can see, way too high now. Any ideas on how to get my pH to behave?
Also, I see a constant reference to using bleach vs liquid pool chlorine, is there a particular reason?
Many thanks for the help.

Here are the reading from my testing:

Cl drop: 9 ppm
CC drop: .05 ppm
Calcium hardness: 325
TA: 100
CYA: 38

I have been following the saga. I see you mentioned tri-clor being left by the pool man. After all this hard work to rid yourself of poolman mistakes, you need to loose the tri-clor and either use bleach or a SWG system to MAINTAIN your FC level.

I am using bleach. The trichlor was at start up after a refill. No other chemicals have been added since, with the exception of liquid chlorine and muriatic acid.

Actually, the trichlor probably isn't a bad idea in this exact case, as it will add some CYA in the same process as it adds chlorine. Saves you some money from having to add stabilizer separately, so I think this is a win-win, as long as you don't keep using the trichlor after this, which it doesn't sound like you are.

Great job by the way on getting the pool back in order. I dont use either dicholr or trichlor. Too many variables come into play for balancing. To me its a lot easier to deal with 1 chemical issue rather than affecting many. That's just me and my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.